Sunday, September 21, 2008

Hari Raya decorations at 1 Utama


This 40 feet high mosque-like mansion is 1 Utama shopping centre’s Hari Raya decorations.


Tents, real palm tress and sands mirroring a desert added to the Arabia Hari Raya mood.


I came across this Paris Hilton shop. The celebrity's line of designer handbags, purses and other bags are trendy and in style. Don't ask me for the prices. You have to check it out yourself.

------------

It's now close to the final week of the holy month of Ramadan. The fasting month is coming to an end soon and Muslims are counting days for Hari Raya which is expected in the first week of next month October.

Shopping centres are already getting busy marking the upcoming festive season. I was with my family at 1 Utama shopping centre Saturday afternoon September 20, 2008 and I can see big crowd of shoppers at Jayajusco departmental store due to the big sale there.

I was attracted to this huge 40 feet structure at the mall. At one glance, it looks like a mosque to me but according to the people I asked, it is actually a big mansion for the rich and famous Arabs to live. Well it sure is a huge beautiful mansion structured like a mosque.

They played Arabic Hari Raya musics over the speakers at the mansion amidst real palm trees and real sands on the ground which mirrored a desert! This certainly create the Hari Raya mood for the Muslim shoppers.

However we missed out on the stage performances like belly dancing and traditional Arabia folk dances which we would love to watch but because we were at the other end of the shopping mall when the show started and ended!

Last but not least, wishing all my muslim readers and friends Selamat Berpuasa and Selamat Hari Raya. May this holy month bring you peace.

Cheers!


No comments: