Saturday, November 8, 2008

Feeling good with foot reflexology massage

On recommendation of a friend to try out foot reflexology which my friend said had benefited him in a healthy way and even claimed he felt lighter as though he was walking on air after each session.

I have not heard of any known side effects with reflexology so I guess it should be safe. OK so I walked into Great Wall Reflexolody centre in SEA Park, PJ recently not knowing what to expect but only thoughts of painful feeling on the sole of my foot as this was my first experience at it.

The place was pleasant and decent looking with a comfortable atmosphere. Two televisions hung on ceiling were showing a Chinese movie. The volume was not loud but I would prefer a quiet atmosphere and listen to soft soothing music playing than the TV shows. This is the hour for me to sit down, relax my mind and body and feel good, not to watch a movie here.

The charge for a one-hour foot reflexology session is RM40.00 and Chinese tea is served free of charge.

As advised by my friend, I wore a loose t-shirt and shorts for comfort. I removed my shoes and sit comfortably in a long reclining chair with my feet raised. I remain fully-clothed except for my feet. There is no hanky panky.

A Chinaman masseur who speaks and understands Mandarin only came with a bucket of warm water and I was asked to put both my feet into it presumably to warm the feet up and loosen the stiff muscles before the massage session starts.

The centre employed the foot masseurs from China on two years working contract and all are men. They are real professionals and highly skillful in their trade. According to the centre supervisor they had two China women previously but had since left for home after their contract ended.

After he had wiped my warm wet feet with a tower, he immediately went to work. He applied some massage cream on my right foot and with his thumb and forefinger bent, he appled pressure on the reflex points of my foot. Once my right foot was done, he proceeded to work on my left foot.

The foot massage session took about 50 minutes and for the remaining 10 minutes, he went on to massage my calf / ankle / shin areas and finally my back shoulder.

Was it hurtful during the session? Well, yes and no. I felt good when pressure was applied at certain reflex points but felt very painful at other points when pressed too hard. The pain felt there disappeared when the masseur finished the process. No pain no gain.....

I was told that the pain felt indicated that certain body organ or part was not healthy and required more therapy sessions until the pain diminished or gone totally which means that the body organ or part has returned to healthy state.

How I felt immediately after the massage therapy session? Well I felt good, really good. I felt like I was recharged and given a boost of renewed energy within me. It seems like reflexology is effective and works for me and I recommend the same to all my friends and anyone. I will surely return to the centre for my next session soon.



Applying pressure on the sole of the foot using thumb and forefinger.


The masseurs from China are real professionals and highly skilled.


A pleasant and cool atmosphere setting.

My foot masseur did a fantastic job.


You get friendly service with a smile from this lady at the Customer Service Desk.

The Great Wall Foot Reflexology centre at No.17, Jalan 21/17 SEA Park in PJ currently on promotion rate of RM30.00 per hour from 11.00 am - 3.00 pm weekdays only. Normal rate is RM40 per hour.


Reflexology Foot Map - Discover where the nerve endings (reflex points) on the sole of foot reflects the organs or parts of body.




No comments: